Friday, March 7, 2014

I Quit

I quit my job. I can't believe I quit my job. 

My sister, aka Auntie ReRe (haha), and her husband have decided to spend the second half of their first married year working at a lodge resort in Wyoming... WYOMING! We live in Florida! Do you know how far away that is? (I honestly don't know exactly where it is on a map). 

My sister and I have acted as twins since we were little even though I'm almost three years older than her. We currently live next door to each other, sharing a wall. She's my rock. We share almost everything with each other; food, recipes, clothes, ideas, crafts, cars, my son... She is LittleMan's nanny. My stepmom and mom watch him when they can, but my sister is his nanny. Cody's mom would love to watch him too, however they currently live in another city. 

Cody and I decided that we didn't want to put Ansel in daycare just yet. I know there are great facilities and at-home daycares, but we (I) would feel a lot better if he wasn't being watched by people we don't know and around other kids who have germs, and boogers, and opinions on what he dresses like or how long his hair is (my grandmother said it's bad luck to cut a child's hair before they're one. I'm not arguing with her). The other babies might start calling him "Mama's Boy". 

So I quit. I quit my job, not my career. I will always be a hairstylist, cutting Cody's hair, a friends hair, judging strangers hair, dissecting celebrity hairstyles and judging them; ya know, normal hair dresser stuff. 

Financially, I don't know how we are going to make it. Stay at home mom life doesn't exactly pay the bills. So, of course my crafty brain has started turning its wheels again. What can I make decently fast when Ansel goes to bed every night? That is, till he starts waking up and makes me lay down with him. I think I've got it: kids room decor. I've half-assedly (I know I made it up) made some stuff for LittleMan's nursery and our house, why not hone in on my craft and sell that shit on Etsy? Everyone else is doing it, let me jump on that band wagon. And have you seen some of the crap people buy off of Etsy? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Etsy! There are some extremely talented people on there. Let me be one of those people. Over the next few weeks, I will be creating and crafting till I find what I'm great at and sell it, like Ansel's flag banner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment